Sunday was a good day, we all went to bed early to get us ready for the time change.
We were up by 7:00 and eating breakfast, showering, getting dresses and all the fun stuff that getting ready for church entails.
Carie gave a talk in sacrament mtg about Lehi's dream, and I gave the lesson in R.S. Ooops, I forgot my book (on my desk where I studied it) with all the highlighted parts so I had to fake it, I think I did O.K. except I finished early. which ordinarily would not be a problem, but in our "twig" (my sister in law, Emily, says she thinks my branch is not big enough to be a branch, it's lucky to be a twig), did I mention that our branch/twig is too small to staff sunday school, so we only have church for two hours. Anyway on highcouncil sunday, we have a potluck so that after the highcouncilman drives an hour to get here and be here for the early meetings we feed him before he drives home. the primary is held in the same room where we hold the potluck with one of the classes meeting in the kitchen,
Tom took the leftover cowboy beans from dinner friday, and added more beans, and some cooked bacon, and a pack of polish sausages cut up and added a bit of BBQ sauce. He got several compliments. WE also took our "easy fruit salad"
a big box of vanilla pudding, a big can of fruit cocktail. and some chocolate chips. Several of the sisters commented on how wonderful chocolate was with the fruit. Who Knew?
Technology: Failing To Live In the Moment
-
I love technology… One of the most tragic and understated negative effects
of technology, however, is the way it interferes with our presence in the
world....
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment