Friday, July 17, 2009

17 on the 17th


17 years ago, my best friend picked me up to go on a drive with him, his brother and his brothers wife.

A few hours later, he was not simply my best friend, he was my husband. I used to call him Drew, now I call him Thomas, just as his name has evolved into something different, my love for him has grown into something bigger.

I love being married to him, and I thank him for seventeen wonderful years. And the opportunity to be the mother to his children.

Thomas, I Love You! and I am looking forward to many more years together. I am proud of how you have grown into the person you are today.

Lillian

5 comments:

Lydia said...

congrats Love you guys,the Macks

Chuck and Nancy said...

Great. Keep up the good work.
DAD

Carrie and Karl said...

Congrats on 17 years! And I'm glad you guys planned the car thing in advance. We forgot about getting home from the temple. I got to sit on Karl's lap next to all Dad's rescue gear.

Chuck and Nancy said...

Yea, but I can hardly believe it is 17 years already. Mom

Kimber said...

Wait...I don't think I know this story? "A few hours later"???? Did you know you were going on a drive to get married? You're wearing a wedding dress, after all! Found your blog again through Ginger's. The kids are HUGE! We're at http://mentalmaytag.vox.com/