Tuesday, August 12, 2008

summer is almost over

Well since summer is almost over, We are trying to crowd in as many trips to the pool as we can. it closes on the sunday the 17, with me going back to school on monday the 18 and the kids on tuesday the 19.

We went to the pool yesterday and swam in the rain, (no lightning so it was still open)

In the morning, I went to Mitchell to grocery shop, I took Echo with me so she could help in a YW. birthday celebration for one of her leaders. They decorated her door and then had doughnuts. I took Jim and the bike with me and dropped them off at the edge of town so he could do his second 25 mile bike ride for his cycling merit badge. It took him less than 2 1/2 hours.

Last week we went with another family from our branch to family night at the drive-in theater. We got to watch Wally. The little boys had more fun climbing in and out of the car, and around the car than watching the movie. The older kids said it was a very slow and boring movie. I kept waiting for something to happen. The mother of the other family says that they try to go once each summer.

tidbit: there used to be more than 4,000 drive ins in the U.S. now there are less than 400. The one we used to go to as kids is now apartments.

No comments: