Thursday, October 23, 2008

Echos quote

Echo was given an assignment to find two quotes that describe her, she picked these two:

Reading is ... the roual road to intellectual eminence... Truly godd books are more than mines to those who can understand them. They are the breathings of the great souls of past times. Genius is not embalmed in them, but lives in them perpetually.
William Ellery Channing

and

You may have tangible wealth untold;, Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be---I had a mother who read to me.
Strickland Gillilian

I thought I would share these with you.

4 comments:

Lillian Wilkinson said...

I tried to get her to use:
If I had a million dollars...I'd be rich.

The Bare Naked Ladies

She chose those others instead.

Drew

Chuck and Nancy said...

Personnally, I like the second. What a great gift to receive, Echo. Love, Nana

Della Hill said...

I like the second one too.
But Drew's idea for a quote would have been great too.
I wonder what quotes I would pick for me. Hmmm....
-Della

Chuck and Nancy said...

Go for he second one, then keep reading yourself.
Reading is not a substitute for doing but can provide the knowledge and drive for doing.
Poppie