Way back when we lived in Missouri, I was part of a couple of quilt groups at my local store, Merrilee we quilt, One of them was a purple thangle quilt, I did not like to do them one month at a time, so I would wait till I had two or three months worth (sometimes more) and then I would sit down and cut and sew them. Well, I spent the morning cutting and pinning the thangles. (For those who have not seen them thangles are strips of paper with solid and dotted lines, that you pin your fabric to. A light and a dark strip, and then you sew on the dotted lines, and cut on the solid lines, and then when you are finished you have what is called a halfsquare triangle or a square made up of two triangles.) I still need to sew and then cut some more. but the pinning and initial cutting are the hardest part to get done.
I have been more stressed this semester, and Thomas has suggested that I take some time for myself doing something not related to school. I am hoping to make thursday my quilting day, but we will have to see.
Technology: Failing To Live In the Moment
-
I love technology… One of the most tragic and understated negative effects
of technology, however, is the way it interferes with our presence in the
world....
10 years ago

4 comments:
Time for yourself is always a good thing. It's amazing how much better I feel after only 15-20 minutes to myself. Have fun quilting!
Darn those psychologists who think they know how to relieve stress. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband though. -- Your Husband
My husband is wonderful, even if he does say so himself.--the Wife
Great advice. I hope you keep taking it.
Post a Comment