Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Day

Today was the first time that I have taught a college class as Dr. Wilkinson. I have given presentations and have even stood in for a professor as their assisstant. This class was a multidisciplinary class taught by a math professor and a physics professor and it is about the search for truth. I was asked to guest lecture on the subject of intellicence, I guess you don't have to have it just know how it is measured. Class went really well and on the way out we ran into the president of the university. After the professors that I was with introduced us the president asked me to get my vitae to the provost so that they could offer me a job teaching at the university. Needless to say I was quite excited. I sent a copy of my vitae today and now I just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Great. Which college, where?
How is the certification process? Keep us informed so we can pray for the right things.
DAD

Lillian Wilkinson said...

Dakota Wesleyan University, in Mitchell. I am waiting for the funding for my test so that I can set a date to take it. I am hoping that I will be able to take it by the first of the year. THen I just have the oral boards at the end of January or begining of February.

Mike Hugo said...

Great Job Doc. Does this mean you guys are planning on staying there? I thought maybe this move was just for internship. Or maybe you are just playing it by ear. I'm excited for you guys.
Niki

Lillian Wilkinson said...

When we moved we decided that it would be for a minimum of 5 years. I am trying to be licensed by February and hopefully I will have a class to teach next semester. Lillie will finish school in spring 2010.