Friday, December 12, 2008

Seminary

Last year when we moved to South Dakota, I was asked to be Jims seminary teacher. I was rather overwhelmed with trying to get my family settled and starting a new school for me and the kids. so we didn't get started on the second semester of the Old Testament till the end of July. We needed to finish it, so jim can get a full four year certificate from seminary. Also I wanted Jim to get that knowledge. We finished the Old Testament today. We are about a semester behind the rest of the stake, (even the whole church) But on Monday we will start the New Testament.

To celebrate, we had icecream floats. Jim thought it was neat that he didn't have to wait in line to get his float. Though he was assigned to fix them for the whole class and the teacher, Oh yeah, that is just the two of us, student and teacher.

I am looking forward to the New Testament.

I discovered years ago, that my week went better if I went to church on sundays. It has been interesting to watch this reflect into my life now as a seminary teacher. My whole day goes better and I am more alert in school, and do better on tests if I have seminary.

With only one student it is much easier to stay focused and we can cover more per class than your customary seminary class. I am hoping to be done with the new testament in June.

Lillie

2 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

I understand. I went to about 6 years of Semenary and enjoyed it all.
Congrats.
DAD

Chuck and Nancy said...

I did not have seminary in Midland, and I wanted to go to seminary. So when I moved to El Paso I got to finish that year of Seminary. But I wanted more, so I asked the Stake Seminary Director to teach me more. I had private lessons on Church History during the summer between my jr and senior years. I graduated from Seminary with a 3 year certificate which pleased me very much. I am so glad I learned that Church History. Mom