Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Interesting

I just found out something interesting and thought I would share.

When you register a car in South Dakota, You might not be registering it for a whole year. Each letter of the alphabet is assigned a month jan - nov. "T-Z" register their cars in Nov. Because of Christmas no one has to register in Dec. They also have not in the past sent a note to tell you that it is time to register your car, (your just supposed to remember) this however was causing problems, and when I registered my cars this month, I was told that this year they are startign to mail out reminder cards.

It also is much cheaper to register cars in S.D. I paid about $35 per car.

2 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Yes. I remember South Dakota. Actually, I sort of like the relaxed attitude.
DAD

Della Hill said...

It's nice when something is cheaper.
It is only 35 bucks here too, but we pay the extra 10$ for personalized plates.
In Utah that was much more expensive. Which is probably why there are so many more personalized plates in VA that UT.
In fact, last time I was in Utah I saw one personalized plate, and it was from Virginia.
-Della