Thursday, February 26, 2009

Speech

I have several people tell me over the years that they have a hard time understanding some of Janets words. I guess that since I hear her everyday, I have not had this problem. I also have had children with very severe speech problems, so when I did notice a word or two I did not understand, I told myself not to worry, it wasn't like with one or the other of my children, whom no one understood.

Yesterday, Janet met with a speech therapist at the school and before she got home, Jen (the therapist- whom is also seeing Mikey and Danny, and making great strides with them) called and told me she would like to do a full evaluation and get Janet started in speech as soon as possible. I told her to please go ahead and get the process started.

This means that of my seven children, only 1 will not have had at least half a year of speech. Carie. Jim had part of a year while attending school in Provo, Echo had I think 8 years, Katie had a couple of years, Mikey has had two so far, Danny started in September, and now Janet is starting.

I am grateful for modern technology and the many people who have worked with my children on their speech to help them have a better life.

Aren't we blessed to live in the time that we do.
Lillian

2 comments:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Must be those Utah genes.
Congrats on being in a place where some one cares and helps.
DAD

Mike Hugo said...

Our kids must be related:)
Niki