Thursday, April 16, 2009

What a day

Yesterday was a little busier with family than I am used to. I was able to arange time off to see Echo's 8th grade presentation. She would like to be a middle school or high school history/social studies teacher. For her project she actually taught a 7th grade history class. She then gave a presentation about that experience and the job qualifications and outlook for teaching professionals. She did a very good job with her presentation, she was however nervous. She was so nervous in fact that after answering a question about why she chose the 7th grade class (which was because they were younger and less educationally advanced than she is.) a teacher asked "Echo where is your sense of adventure?" Echo was so nervous that she did not see this as aretorical question, so she answered it "It was right there with me when I was teaching. I really feel that it is important to help students feel your passion for a subject." The teacher was impressed but remained quiet after that. I also got to go to speach therapy with the 2 little boys. I found that I have several things that I have done for years that are enabling the boys speach problems, gotta quit that. After that we went to an interview for Jim so that he can work over the summer at the high school. If he gets the job he will actually be a state employee. Then the girls were off to Young womens while Katie went babysitting. After all this Echo and I sat down and finalized her high school education plan. If that weren't enough to make me feel really old as I watch my kids grow up really fast Jim couldn't get off the subject of his "appointment" in Sioux Falls on the 13th of June. He refers to it as an appointment because he is not allowed to date until he is 16 so unitl the 12th of June he can't call it a date. Lillie and I decided that we are getting old as fast as the kids are growing up, go figure.

1 comment:

Chuck and Nancy said...

Welcome to the Club. I hope you are enjoying the process.
Remember there is only one other alternative. I hope to avoid it for a while.
DAD