I have not been in a church meeting that small since I returned home from my mission. The joke went around the ward in Springfield that we were going to repopulate the branch here. Well in Sacrament Meeting there were approximately 25 people including myself and 2 missionaries. Needless to say they were excited to here that I was moving in but when I told them that I have a wife and 7 children they were flabbergasted. Without my family the Branch has 1 Priest, 1 Deacon and 1 Beehive. There were about 6 primary age children. In our family we have 1 Teacher, 1 Beehive and 5 Primary age children. The branch president stated that we arean answer to prayer. I found out today that a large family just moved out of the branch, I also found out that it was quite traumatic for the Branch. As it happens the Brother who moved out with his family was a psychologist. There are now two psychologists in the branch including myself. I also found out that one of my friends from Forest is here in Mitchell on internship. He doesn't know that I am here yet. Well that is most of it except that the Branch president's family would like us to move to Mitchell so that Jim can attend seminary. President Smith is the Seminary teacher and his son who is a senior in high school is the only pupil. Next week I have the assignment of giving the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting. I will take pictures of the Chapel and post them. Now Lillie and I have to decide where we will live. Even if we live in Plankinton I think that we will have Jim go to Seminary in Mitchell.
No comments:
Post a Comment